''Tom Yum'' means ''sour and spicy''. It is a very common flavor that is found in several dishes in Asia. Here is a recipe that you will appreciate.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Cooling time: 30 minutes
60 ml (4 tbsp) – Vegetable oil
1-2 tbsp. – BURIRAM Tom Yum paste
24-30 – Peeled raw prawns
160g – Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
250g – Purple rice* cooked and cooled
2 – Limes cut into quarters
2 – Green onions, finely chopped
To taste – Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Heat the oil and BURIRAM Tom Yum paste in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add raw shrimps and cook for 1 minute or until cooked through.
- Add the purple rice and cherry tomatoes while stirring regularly for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in a medium-deep bowl. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and a wedge of lime** to garnish.
Well-chilled rice contributes to the success of fried rice. Feel free to save time by cooking it ahead of time and storing it in the fridge.
* Our TOM YUM paste already contains the acidity of a lime, it is recommended to taste before adding more lime juice.
** It is possible to replace the purple rice with jasmine rice, which is easier to find in the grocery store.